Open 24/7, the emergency department at UT Health Athens is designated as a Level IV trauma center by the state of Texas for its ability to provide Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). This includes evaluation, resuscitation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities for sick and injured patients, along with the ability to transfer them to a higher level of trauma care, if necessary.
At UT Health Athens, all elements are in place to treat your emergency, including:
- board-certified physicians, advanced practice providers and trauma-certified nurses
- 24-hour on-site laboratory services
- 24-hour access to X-ray, CT and ultrasound technology
- 24-hour respiratory therapy
- sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) on call 24/7 to assist victims of sexual abuse
- private treatment rooms
- decontamination room and negative pressure room for infection control and enhanced patient safety
If you have question about emergency care at UT Health Athens, please call 903-676-2105.
UT Health Cedar Creek Lake also cares for Henderson County emergencies
Residents of western Henderson County benefit from quick access to the 24-hour emergency department at UT Health Cedar Creek Lake. An emergency care physician is always on duty, with support from a team of advanced practice providers and highly trained nurses. The facility also features 24/7 imaging technology and laboratory testing services.
For more information, call 903-713-1500.