Dedicated to a healthier community
UT Health Athens works to make East Texas healthier in every way.
- We are committed to serving Henderson County.
- We have a patient-centered philosophy. When the patient comes first, all else falls into place.
- We believe in advancing healthcare in home communities to the highest level possible.
- Alzheimer’s, Better Breathers, grief recovery and other support groups
- community disaster preparedness training
- East Texas Day of Giving
- health education programs
- Helping Hands Project
- Walmart Wellness Day
- women’s health events
Community Health Needs Assessment
To better understand the needs of our neighbors, UT Health Athens representatives regularly conduct a local Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA). The information collected through interviews with a variety of community members lets us determine where to allocate extra resources and what outreach programs are important for the health of Henderson County.