Dedicated to a healthier community
UT Health Athens works to make East Texas healthier in every way.
- We are committed to serving Henderson County.
- We have a patient-centered philosophy. When the patient comes first, all else falls into place.
- We believe in advancing healthcare in home communities to the highest level possible.
UT Health Athens invests in the future of our community every day. We are active in training our future medical leaders, partnering with regional schools to produce experienced medical professionals who are committed to Athens. We’re also dedicated to making our community better. As an organization, we’re involved in many community events, health education and support groups, including:
- Alzheimer’s, Better Breathers, grief recovery and other support groups
- Community disaster preparedness training
- East Texas Day of Giving
- Health education programs
- Helping Hands Project
- Walmart Wellness Day
- Women’s health events
We also work with local agencies and authorities to assist people with behavioral health issues, adult and child protection needs, and treatment for victims of sexual assault.