The Cardiologists at UT Health East Texas Physicians Athens offer exceptional care using the latest tools and technology.
- cardiology consultation to review your history, listen to your concerns and conduct a physical evaluation
- tests to determine health and heart issues
- treatment for heart and vascular conditions
- heart arrhythmia treatment
- heart failure management
- follow-up care after heart attack
- peripheral vascular disease treatment
- access to clinical trials when appropriate
Our goal is to stop the progression of heart disease, no matter the stage at which it’s caught. For an appointment with a cardiologist at the UT Health Athens Cardiology clinic, please call 903-676-5880.
Cardiovascular imaging at UT Health Athens
We are proud to offer the latest in diagnostic technology for heart problems, including:
- MyHeart First – seven important heart screenings for detecting cardiovascular problems before they become life-threatening, bundled together in one appointment at one low price of $149. To make an appointment, call 903-676-2169.
- Calcium scoring – a CT scan to identify calcified plaque in the coronary arteries and determine your risk of heart attack. We offer calcium scoring at the special low price of $75, with or without a physician referral. To make an appointment for CT Calcium scoring at UT Health Athens, call 903-531-8000 ext. 1.
- Echocardiography – an ultrasound procedure to observe the function of your heart valves and chambers.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) – a test of the electrical activity of your heart to diagnose arrhythmia and irregular heartbeat.
- Event and Holter monitoring – small, portable ECG devices that record your heart’s electrical activity for long periods of time while you do your normal activities.
- Nuclear stress testing – a form of nuclear medicine used to measure blood flow to your heart while at rest and again while working harder as a result of exertion or medication.
- Stress echocardiography – an ultrasound imaging test that shows how well your heart muscle pumps blood during periods of rest and exercise.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) – a procedure that involves inserting a thin tube into your esophagus to obtain very clear images of heart structures and valves.