Every year, the surgical team at UT Health Athens improves quality of life for more than 4,000 area residents. Inpatient and outpatient procedures take place in a recently renovated, state-of-the-art area with five surgery suites, nine recovery bays and a 16-bed day surgery unit. All pre-surgical testing takes place on the same floor for easy access with an emphasis on privacy.
Among the surgical services at UT Health Athens are:
- ambulatory (outpatient) procedures, including laparoscopic.
- ear, nose and throat surgery.
- eye surgery, including cataract removal and lens implants.
- gastrointestinal procedures, including colonoscopy.
- wide range of general surgery procedures.
- gynecological surgery.
- oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- orthopedic surgery ranging from outpatient procedures to total joint replacements.
- pain management procedures.
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line placements.
- podiatry procedures.
- urology procedures including cystoscopies and lithotripsy.